Terms and conditions of LRS Membership
- LOCAL RADIO SUPPORT LIMITED, a company incorporated in England with company number 13226774, whose registered office is 408 The Grand, 1 Aytoun Street, Manchester M1 3DA (Service Supplier).
- Recipient Broadcaster.
- The Service Supplier has agreed to provide Membership to the Recipient Broadcaster. A separate membership is required per brand or brand extension, but not for multiple broadcasts of the same brand or brand extension on different transmitters.
- This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which Membership is supplied to the Recipient Broadcaster.
- These terms and conditions are intended to ensure that the Membership is delivered effectively.
Membership: the opportunity to avail a member of offers supplied by the Service Supplier, which may be subject to change over time. Membership does not require the recipient broadcaster to avail themselves of all, or any, of the offers.
Intellectual Property: the ownership of an idea or design, giving that owner certain exclusive rights to a distinct type of creative design, meaning that nobody else can copy or reuse that creation without the owner’s permission.
Commencement Date: The date of online acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Initial Term: one year
Renewal Term: one year
- BENEFITS of MEMBERSHIP
These could include, but not be limited to the following offers, any number of which members may avail themselves of:
Discounts on a variety of products and services provided by our partners. For example playout software, commercial production, accountancy, streaming, technical support etc.
LRS will also support members through representation to relevant industry bodies, with the aim of increasing opportunities for members whilst also reducing costs and bureaucracy, together with updates on relevant industry developments.
Membership can also include access to bespoke services from LRS, for which a separate fee maybe applicable.
- 3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Where the Service Provider and the Recipient Broadcaster have provided each other with any of their Intellectual Property (including without limitation the name and logo), both parties shall, on termination of this agreement, cease to use such Intellectual Property immediately and shall either return or destroy such Intellectual Property as requested by the other party.
- TERM OF AGREEMENT
This agreement will begin upon the Commencement Date and shall continue for the Initial Term. At the end of the Initial Term the agreement will automatically enter into a Renewal Term unless and until either party provides one month’s written notice to the other party prior to the expiration of the then-current Initial Term or Renewal Term, of its intention not to renew the agreement.
Either party shall and without prejudice to its other rights have the right to terminate this agreement immediately at any time by giving notice in writing to the other party in any of the following events:
- If one party shall commit a breach of any of the terms or conditions of this agreement and where such breach is, in the opinion of the other party, capable of remedy but fails to remedy such breach within 14 days after notice in writing thereof (provided that breach or alleged breach of applicable law or third party proprietary rights shall not be capable of remedy); or
- If either party shall be unable to pay its debts as they fall due or shall become subject to any insolvency or bankruptcy procedures; or
- If either party shall be convicted of any criminal offence or act in any way which in the other party’s reasonable opinion is likely to adversely affect their reputation and goodwill.
- 6. INSURANCE
- Each party shall effect and maintain with a reputable insurance company a policy or policies in respect of all risks which may be incurred by either party arising out of this agreement (Required Insurances).
- Each party shall (on request) supply to the other a copy of such insurance policies arising in respect of the Required Insurances and evidence that the relevant premiums have been paid.
All notices and other communications in relation to this agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly given if personally delivered, emailed, or mailed (first class postage prepaid) to the address of the other party, as referred to above or otherwise notified in writing. If personally delivered or if emailed all such communications shall be deemed to have been given when received (except that if received on a day that is not a business ay, or after 5pm on any business day, they shall be deemed received on the next business day) and if mailed all such communications shall be deemed to have been given and received on the second business day following such mailing.
- 8. NO PARTNERSHIP OR AGENCY
This agreement shall not create any partnership or joint venture between the Service Provider and Recipient Broadcaster, nor any relationship of principal and agent, nor authorise any party to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of the other party.
- CONTRACTS (RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES) ACT 1999
This agreement does not and is not intended to confer any contractual benefit on any person pursuant to the terms of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- GOVERNING LAW
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.